Participate at Abitibi Geophysics Events
Workshop : Golden rules for the proper use of geophysical tools 2017 – Pitfalls to avoid when ordering and using TDEM (Time Domain Electromagnetic Method)
Component 3 – Golden rules for the proper use of geophysical tools 2017 – Pitfalls to avoid when ordering and using TDEM (Time Domain Electromagnetic Method)
Date: November 20, 2017 from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cost: $130 $ regular fee; $30 student fee
Led by: Daniel Card (Abitibi Geophysics)
(Offered in English only)
During the phase 1 (2015), we presented a four-step approach to selecting a geophysical exploration method adapted to the context and objectives of each project:
- Obtaining the intrinsic physical properties of the sought-after type mineralization and of the surrounding rocks.
- Selection of the method (s) showing a potential for success.
- Field testing and optimization of measurement parameters.
- Definition of scope of coverage required to explore areas of high potential and performance.
If the time domain electromagnetic method (TDEM) is chosen as the optimal method for your exploration, this third part of the “Règles d’or pour le bon usage des outils géophysiques” is an ideal course to attend. We will discuss electromagnetic geophysics with a focus on TDEM, which is the method that is most used by explorers searching for massive sulphide ore-bodies. The goal is not to make you specialists in the method but to ensure that you have the tools to commission a survey that will meet the objectives of your project. To do this, we will discuss, the following themes related to its use:
- Confirmation of the correctness of the choice of the method in the specific context of your project.
- EM responses of various geological targets
- Survival in the jargon of technical specifications (Survey types, sensor types, transmitters, equipment specifications, survey frequency and other survey parameters)
- Logistical considerations when planning a survey.
- Contractual requirements.
- What deliverables you should request.
- Geophysical interpretations and what they mean.
- Best practices for prioritizing and following-up EM targets.